Saturday, October 16, 2010

WEEKEND WONDERS - Just a Little Cleaning Hint

Here's a little helpful hint that you may have or have not thought to do. 
Use small paintbrushes for cleaning those hard to get to places in decorative moldings and items with nooks and crannies! Great for intricate porcelain figures, vases, lamps, etc. Use soft brushes to dust or stiffer ones (like stencil brushes) to clean grime. Remember to be gentle on fragile items and use appropriate cleansers.
So, keep some of those little brushes on hand and in your cleaning kit!
** You don't have to buy expensive brushes like these ... but I always seem to have some of these around that are no good for tole painting any longer, so they make great cleaning brushes! **

4 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Excellent use for paint brushes. It'd be an archaelogy hunt at my house. Probably find some precious burried treasure. LOL.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Great tip Denise!
Kim

yorkie's primitives said...

Thanks for the tip. I have used old toothbrushes for this but never thought about paint brushes, Valerie

Barb said...

Great ideas---now if I could get someone to do it for me at my house!
Barb