Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HELP US WITH YOUR THOUGHTS


We are considering something new for the store! Yes, it's exciting! While I cannot reveal the details of company names, I can discuss in general terms what we are comparing for consideration. I'm looking for your response for what you think you'd prefer. Please pick #1 or #2.

  1. A paint line that will work just like a famous name paint that's HOT right now, only the price point is right about 1/2 the price of the "famous" maker. Hmmmm ... how do I explain? Well, it's similar to a chalky paint line. OK...enough said. This company offers lower pricing AND you can also purchase 4 oz., 8 oz., 16 oz. and quart sizes. (The big name has only quarts and gallons.) We will hold classes and sell items for projects, as well as painting items to sell in this paint. Great plus is you don't have to sand or prep your project other than to make sure it's clean. Will stick to just about anything but high gloss ceramics.
  2. A finish & paint line together. This line actually offers several choices, One line is lumpy, very old looking finish along with the paint, so it's not just a paint, it's a finish. You would probably consider it more "primitive". You can also have slightly distressed, not distressed, etc. depending on the individual product line you pick from. However, you can also make your items look like they are from the 1700s and very cool if you'd like! Yes, we'd still have classes with this line. Prices, though, are higher than #1. It's a totally different product line from #1 and actually there's more selections of things to work with.  Also can be applied without sanding or prepping, just cleaning, as above. There is also a product you can use to refinish your kitchen or bathroom counter tops. Pretty cool! The average kitchen can be updated (cabinets & counter tops) for about $200.
OK ... so without namedropping, we really would love to hear from you. Even if you think you know what I'm talking about, please do not namedrop. 

We believe adding one of these will greatly complement our store since we already sell painted furniture and takes it to the next level for the DIY people as well.

OK folks, post a comment and tell us your thoughts. Thanks!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Well, although having a cheaper option to the 'chalky' paint line would be great, it sounds like option #2 would be more diverse and give folks lots of finishing options so I will vote for #2. Good luck with your new product line whichever you decide to go with! Deb

sharon said...

I vote for #2. I agree with Deb, a lot more finishing options. I've wanted to learn how to redo counter tops without replacing them. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!!

Unknown said...

yes, I vote for #2 also. it is more diverse ! you can do a lot more with it. people are willing to pay a bit more for quality also.

Barb said...

I too think the diversity would go over well with #2, even if it cost a bit more.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Barb

Unknown said...

I work with calk paint all the time. With option #1 - You can get many different finishes with the paint. You can do a distressed look and many different textured looks. The plus side to calk paint is with a little know how people can do shabby cottage, primitive, or just paint something. People who are interested in DIY already know what chalk paint is and I think you would get more response to your classes.
Price point in this economy is very important.
I vote for #1.

yorkie's primitives said...

I think I would go with 2. I would like more choices. Good luck, Valerie

Unknown said...

Sounds like #2 would be the best. I like the idea of being able to paint kitchen cabinets and counters. No real prep is a great plus with both of them, but I still think I would go with #2.
Kim